Well sooner or later all bloggers will want to move from Google Blogger (Blogspot) to WordPress and here I am going to show you how to redirect your old blogspot blog to your new WordPress URL blog.
To do this you will need to insert a small piece of code into your Blogger blog. Here are the steps at in redirecting your Blogger blog to WordPress URL:
1. Log into your Blogger account
2. From your Dashboard find the blog that you want to redirect
3. Click design then Edit html
4. You’ll want to first download full template as a backup in case you need to revert back. You always do this when making any changes to codes.
5. Next you will want to place the following piece of HTML code in between the <head></head> tags.
It will be like this:
<meta http-equiv=”refresh” content=”8;url=http://newurl.com /”></meta>
The above HTML redirect code will redirect your blogspot.com blog to WordPress.
Now all those incoming links that you have built up over the years from your main blog URL will now redirect traffic from your blogspot URL web address to your new WordPress URL.
Please note that after content= I put the number 8. What this means is that after 8 seconds the visitor to your site will get transferred to your new WordPress blog URL. This I would recommend you keep it as that. Before in the past spammers use to add tons of keywords on a page and redirect. Anything less then 5 and you may get penalized by Search Engines.